Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Nintendo at E3

What a good showing, here are some of my thoughts.




So Zelda WiiU is a good place to start. They said 2015, but I'm putting my money on Spring of 2016. Skyward Sword only came out 3 years ago, any sooner and I'd worry they were rushing. I'm definitely excited with the direction they are going, hardware limitation or not the over world in SS was a major disappointment and it looks like they're taking that to heart and going full bore in the opposite direction. Time will tell, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything earlier than holiday 2015.


Between the Robot Chicken transitions and Reggie and Iwata fighting each other this was by far the most entertaining conference out of them all. This whole company is just a giant group of dorks and I love it. They managed to pique my interest in Hyrule Warriors, gimmie anything with Midna in it. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game, but this looks silly and over the top and I'm down to try it out. While I probably won't be getting Splitoon just because it's not my thing, it's really creative and definitely fits the Nintendo style. Hats off to the designers of that one. Yoshi's Wooly World looks very pretty, but, just like Epic Yarn I'm going to give it a pass. Nothing against the game, I'm really happy it exists, just not my thing. I'm stoked for Shovel Knight, been waiting on that one for a while now and it'll finally be out at the end of the month.


As far as Smash goes, I really happy with how they integrated the Mii, it sounds like you have a ton of options to play around with and they all look pretty competent. Also, battle cuts for Lincoln, Elijah Wood and Iced Tea, just brilliant. I think everyone was expecting the Mii and Palutena at some point. I'm assuming we'll get a third reveal either right at the start of, or right after the Smash invitational. I guessed we'd get 10 characters today, and I was banking on them confirming some more veterans. I'm actually surprised they didn't. We're still missing Wario, Metaknight, Falco, Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Snake, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers and Ganondorf. That's 13, I think it's safe to say that a few are getting cut, but I would have expected to see some confirmed here. Provided there are no new fighters from here on out and all veterans return that puts the roster at 45. I could see it topping 50, we still have 4 months to go so we shall see what happens. 


As for Pokemon, how beautiful is that map? Looks like the battle frontier is shrouded in clouds, but so is a section off to the bottom right. I'm also very curious as to what the dark spot is up top. I kind of looks to me like there is a new town behind where the abandoned ship used to be as I don't see it there. Did it sink to the bottom of the ocean? Archie and Maxie are both packing mega rings, so Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt confirmed? That trailer looked great, I love the little things like the Wingull and Beautifly just hanging out in the over world. I am hyped.


Yet another year goes by, yet another year of no new Ice Climbers game. I will wait Nintendo, I will wait. Great conference overall. New stuff galore, starting in the fall my wallet is going to be yelling at me. Smash on 3DS and ORAS a month and a half apart. That's nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment